A small delegation of event-industry professionals from around the Twin Cities will be present during a live-streaming event of the Diamonds Award show on July 29th 7pm at Hidden Greens Golf Course 12977 200th St. E., Hastings, MN 55033.
During the event, hosts Matthew Sherry, Michelle Tverberg, and Elizabeth Sherry will announce this year’s six Twin Cities Wedding & Event Professionals (TCWEP) Diamond Award winners.
The event was scheduled to take place at the American Swedish Institute located in Minneapolis this past April, but had to be postponed due to the pandemic, and recently was rescheduled to Hidden Greens Golf Course indoor/outdoor venue.
Typically the local event-industry pro’s nominate their peers in February, then vote in March, and attend an April Diamond Awards gala to celebrate the winners.
Michelle Tverberg, co-founder of TCWEP said “I can’t wait for these award winners to be announced, each one has impacted the event community in a positive way and deserves their award.”
2020 Diamond Award Nominees
- Mountain Mover Award One who consistently impacts the successful outcome of events. A pivotal team member who goes above-and-beyond, making it all happen. Nominees: AMBER KLASEUS, CHARISMA weddings + events, MN; RENEE KOSMATAKA, Renee’s Limosines; RYAN VEIL, Studio Veil.
- Rising Star Award Person or Business that’s grown with networking. A referral partner, they make an effort to really understand and know other’s businesses and refer business back-and-forth. They are really starting to shine in the event’s industry. Nominees: AMY RASTETTER, Amy Rachel Makeup Artistry; EVELYN MILLER, Epitome Papers; JAIME SPELLERBERG, Wilderland Floral.
- Diamond Award Has the industry “it” factor. They get it, they show it, they share it, they are it! The crème de la crème. Nominees: DANA ALLISON, Keyed Up Events; JEANNINE POHL, Jeannine Marie Photography; TAMI CABRERA, Muddy Paws Cheesecake.
- Best Caterer in the Twin Cities Nominees: Crave Catering & Events, Distinctive Catering & Events, Slate & Stone Catering at The American Swedish Institute
- Best Venue in the Twin Cities Nominees: American Swedish Institute, Historic Furber Farm, Historic Hope Glen Farm & Vineyard, Three Rivers Park District.
- Member of the Year TCWEP member, participates and knows the value of word of mouth referrals, sharing resources and building friendships. Nominees: HEIDI AKPAETTE, 139 Hair by Heidi; SUSAN LEE WRIGHT, Perfect Day Ceremonies & Affordable I Do’s; TERRI UY-LENNON, Uy-Lennon Floral & Events.
About TCWEPIn 2008-2009, when the recession hit, 2 small business owners (Michelle Tverberg of Delight Photography and Matthew Sherry CEO of Complete Wedding & Events) decided to start networking together as a way to share business between their customers. The Twin Cities Wedding & Event Professionals was born. It’s humble beginnings included folding chairs, canned soda, and participants bringing in crock pots of meatballs from home to share at their meetings of a dozen entrepreneurs. That number began to grow and within a couple years the number reached about 150. Over the past ten years the group consistently has a monthly attendance of 80-175 guests.
For more information log onto: www.TCWEP.com and search “Diamond Awards”