Twin Cities Wedding & Event Professionals (TCWEP) celebrates their 14 year anniversary on April 13th 2022 from 6pm-9pm at award-winning Minneapolis venue, The Neu Neu.
Over the past 14 years TCWEP has been to 137 different venues across the Twin Cities. Bringing together over 4,000 event professionals with 1,400+ volunteers and sponsors.
The gala includes an award show, which has 15 peer-nominated event-industry nominees across 5 award categories.
Elizabeth Sherry, TCWEP Director of Special Events, said ““Kudos to the wedding industry vendors nominated for awards here in the Twin Cities because it’s really hard work and they should be recognized for the work they do.”
Michelle Tverberg, TCWEP Co-Founder, said “Each nominee has made a noticeable effort to be absolutely fabulous at what they do with the services they provide in the Twin Cities Wedding & Event Community. Being nominated by your peers is an incredible honor and we are so happy to congratulate and celebrate them all.”
Matt Sherry, TCWEP Co-Founder, said “TCWEP is thee best of the best when it comes to the local wedding industry. Couples should hire each and every nominee if they want to have the best wedding imaginable.”
These 15 peer-nominated pros are shining jewels of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s wedding + event industry.
Mountain Mover Award
- Ari Reynolds, Ari Reynolds Photography
- Tami Cabrera, Muddy Paws Cheesecake
- Ryan Veil, Studio Veil
Rising Star Award
- Jacqueline Elizabeth, Ascendance Productions
- Jessica Knighton, Jessica Knighton Photography, LLC
- Noe Sanchez, Viva La Fiesta DJ
- Jenna Culley, Jenna Culley Events & Linen Effects
- Jeannine Pohl, Jeannine Marie Photography
- Reena Maheshwari, Kahani Events & Design
Member of the Year Award
- Heidi Akpaette, 139 Hair by Heidi LLC
- Greg Ellis, Dj Greg / Neckwerk Entertainment
- Tami Johnson, Studio B Floral
Wedding Warrior Award
- Dana Allison, Keyed Up Events
- Leslie Johnson, Positively Charmed
- Kjerstin Smith, Empowered Lotus Photography
During the award show, each winner will be announced live and given time to make an acceptance speech.
Since 2009, TCWEP has been meeting once-a-month at numerous event venues in the Twin Cities; even during the COVID19 lock downs, they provided online events.
TCWEP began in 2009, following the recession, 2 small business owners (Michelle Tverberg of Delight Photography and Matthew Sherry CEO of Complete Wedding & Events) decided to start networking together as a way to share business between their customers, knowing the impact of word of mouth referrals. It’s humble beginnings included folding-chairs, lemonade, and participants bringing in mid western hospitality style crock pots from home to share at their meetings of a dozen entrepreneurs. That number began to grow and within a couple years the number reached about 80 to 150 attendees.